Don’t make book on this information because it’s pieced together from some confusing newspaper reports from the 19th Century.
Abraham Fletcher built the first Fletcher’s Hall in 1853 at the southwest corner of First Street and Second Ave So. It fronted the river, It was a two story building and the hall was on the second story. Abe was the postmaster.
The second Fletcher’s Hall opened on October 1, 1856, at Second Ave. S. between First and Second Streets. In 1856, Adelina Patti and Ole Bull appeared together in this rough building for a concert. Patti was just 13 years old, but would become the world’s most acclaimed soprano of her time.
By 1865 the third Fletcher’s Hall was on Washington Ave. So. and Third Ave. In the 1880s the Hall was used by a number of churches.