The Bow and Arrow Club was located just north of First Street in Mendota, beginning in early 1941.
In the early 1950s the Bow and Arrow became a modern jazz stronghold featuring the Bob Davis Quartet and Rook Ganz’s band. There were also Sunday afternoon sessions which primarily attracted local musicians.
A couple of years later the owner invited Doc Evans to take over in an attempt to bring Dixieland back to Mendota. For the occasion the name was changed to the Rampart [Street] Club.
The Rampart Street Club was not successful, and a few years later it again became the Bow and Arrow Club, occasionally featuring a jazz group.”