The B and L Tavern was located at 156 West 7th Street/St. Peter Street in St. Paul.
It was one of the early taverns that sprung up right after Prohibition ended. The only hit in the Minneapolis newspaper database is on November 2, 1934, in an ad for Calvert Whiskey. The St. Paul newspapers are not online.
But the photo below tells us that in 1937, there was an orchestra every night, and those key words “dine and dance” allow us to add this fine establishment to our list of music venues!