The Ark Auditorium was located at 3044 First Ave. So. in Minneapolis. It was built by the Ark Lodge of the Masons, opening on December 1, 1908.
The building had three stories, withe the first dedicated to the auditorium, the second to meeting rooms of the Masons, and the third to a private banquet room. Part of the building was leased to the West Side Commercial Club beginning on January 9, 1909.
Many, many meetings, dances, picnics, revivals, and other gatherings were held in the building over the decades. In the days before reliable transportation, local groups had to rely on themselves for entertainment.
In 1924 the Minneapolis Social Club was incorporated as a nonprofit organization, and held a Saturday night dance every week at the Ark Auditorium.
Notices are seen in the Strib until November 12, 1969.
At some point the effects of the Ark Lodge were brought over to St. Louis Park’s Paul Revere Lodge.
The building was demolished in September 1976. A U.S. Post Office was built on the site the following year.