The Town House Restaurant was located at 1415 University Ave., St. Paul. This building was built in 1924 and is still there! Chat on Facebook reveals that Russian-born architect Werner Wittkamp remodeled the building in the 1940s. The photos below, from the St. Paul Pioneer Press, are from 1952.
At one time it was owned by Pat and Veronica McLean and managed by son Bob. Emmet Jewel bought it in 1968. Holly Monnett managed it for many years and bought it in 1987. It has been a gay bar for years.