Highway 13, Prior Lake. In August 1969 the bands featured included Gary Kent, Guy DeLeo, Lexie Johnson and Buddy White. … Continue reading →
The Bull Pen was at 814 Excelsior Ave. (now Mainstreet) in Hopkins. It was opened 1959 by Harry Blons as a venue for his jazz band. The Bull Pen hosted other types of music as … Continue reading →
6221 – 56th Ave. No., 1967 – 1969. Nightly organist, weekend piano lounge.
Bunny’s, 4730 Excelsior Blvd., St. Louis Park … Continue reading →
The Burnsville Bowl was/is at 1200 E. Highway 13. May 1968: The Matador Lounge featured the Gamins. 1970: vocal group upstairs and “acid rock” downstairs. In 1972 the Matador Lounge was managed by Milton Olsen. In … Continue reading →
17 – 8th Ave. So., Hopkins. 1969: Dancing to the Sociables. 1970: Live music and entertainment (and art) in the Gallery Room; vocalize and fraternize in the tuneful Blue Note piano lounge. Still there in 1974. A 2001 article says … Continue reading →
111 So. 6th Street in Minneapolis, was described as a popular place for “young swingers” in 1965.
383 Michigan Street, St. Paul: The historic Česko-Slovanský Podporující Spolek (C.S.P.S.) Hall has been the home of Czech and Slovak Sokol Minnesota (Sokol MN) since 1879, and the focal point for its activities in St. Paul since the current building … Continue reading →
This venue was located at 770 W. Seventh Street in St. Paul. THE CABARET Opened in the spring of 1968: “Newest and Largest Sports and Entertainment Spot in the Midwest.” It was ages 18+ on Fridays in January 1969 … Continue reading →