2911 Hennepin Ave., Uptown Minneapolis
603 Hennepin: Dixieland venue. Had been a bakery and was converted to a bar in 1953. Harry Blons had a band there for some years, but the club burned in 1958. It reopened at 9th and Hennepin but no longer … Continue reading →
26 So. Sixth Street. Since 1946 this has been the location of Murray’s Restaurant.
Around 77th Ave. No. and Highway 169 in Brooklyn Park, 1973-76. Hangout of the kids going to Hennepin Technical Center.
1007 Sixth Ave. No. History of this site: Fresno Cafe, 1937, owned by Joe and Emma Taylor (don’t know if they had music) Wonder Vue, advertised as under new management in December 1940, Leon Burnette, proprietor. First Class Entertainment. Hub … Continue reading →
711 W. Broadway, hosted “Old Tyme” dances every Saturday and Sunday night in late 1944. “Be Assured of a Good Time – Good Music and a Friendly Crowd.”
4th Street and 14th Ave. SE in Dinkytown above the Campus Cobbler – folk venue
White Bear Lake (teen club)
The YMCA (which city?) was apparently a hotbed of exciting entertainment for the boys in 1917. But watch your mouth: “Clean Speech, Clean Living.” … Continue reading →