This venue was at 607 W. Lake Street at Lyndale, 1954. “Over 21 and Like to Dance? Orchestra music 9-1 nightly.” In 1963 the Aztecs played music to accompany the Lindy, the Bunny Hop, the Twist, and the … Continue reading →
The Town House was in Rogers – open to teens on Fridays in 1967.
The Town House Restaurant was located at 1415 University Ave., St. Paul. This building was built in 1924 and is still there! Chat on Facebook reveals that Russian-born architect Werner Wittkamp remodeled the building in the 1940s. The photos below, … Continue reading →
St. Paul. “New Trade Winds” in 1963, with dancing. Now the Turf Club.
The Triangle Bar was at 1822 Riverside on the West Bank, at the confluence of Riverside, 19th Ave. So., and 4th Street So. It’s said to be the oldest bar in Minneapolis, dating back to 1887, although Hennepin County dates … Continue reading →
The Trocadero Stage Bar was at 375 Wabasha near 5th, St. Paul in 1944. That April “Jeanne Williams, Celebrated Vocalist and Musician, entertaining you Afternoons, Jack Wedell and His ‘Sweet Swing Sway’ Quartet Afternoons and Evenings.”
Not to be confused with the Turf Club on University Ave. in St. Paul, this Turf Club was located on 6th Ave. No. and the western City Limits of Minneapolis. Norm Garvey was the manager, and Vic Lessine the orchestra … Continue reading →
This locale at 1601 University Ave. (at Snelling) in St. Paul has hosted a couple of important venues. Much of the information below comes from the Turf Club’s website. HOVE FOOD MARKET Ramsey County’s property tax page doesn’t give the … Continue reading →
Turtle Club was an after hours private bottle club located between Kent and Dale on the south side of the street (St. Paul). … Continue reading →
13 Leech at West 7th Street in St. Paul. Augie Garcia had an extended engagement here in the summer of 1963.