Dreamland Dancing Pavilion – 315 Fifth Street South in Minneapolis, across from the court house. Here are photos from 1911 (outside) and 1915 (inside) from the Minnesota Historical Society.
Photo below from 1918 (as the Arcadia Palace) from the Minnesota Historical Society.
This was a popular venue for dances held by the black community in the 1920s, at a time when their options were limited.
There was a busy schedule here in 1925, when it was called the Arcadia
- Enagma Club Dance on Tuesday nights
- Lucky Prize on Wednesday nights
- Club dance every Thursday night
- Candy Dance on Friday nights
- Saturday and Sunday follow the crowd to the Arcadia Dance Palace.
CONWAY’S ARCADIA PALACE
As Conway’s Arcadia Palace, 1933
By September 1934 it was called the Aragon Ballroom, but the change must have been fairly recent as ads said “Formerly Arcadia.”